The Artificial Intelligence Group at BERIC engages in a wide range of theoretical and experimental research. Areas of particular strength include machine learning, reasoning under uncertainty, and cognitive modeling. Within these areas, students and faculty also pursue real-world applications to problems in computer vision, speech and audio processing, data mining, bioinformatics, and computer security. Interdisciplinary collaborations are strongly supported and encouraged.
Artificial Intelligence Research Group Goals
- To understand human intelligence better. We test theories of human intelligence by writing programs which emulate it.
- To create useful smart programs able to do tasks that would normally require a human expert.
- Deduction,reasoning and problem solving
- Knowledge representation
- Planning and Learning
8 areas of AI that are particularly noteworthy in their ability to impact the future of digital products and services. What they are, why they are important, how they are being used today and researchers working on these technologies are those in the figure below;
- Artificial Life
- Agent and Multi-Agent Systems
- Machine Learning
- Neural Networks
- Genetic Algorithms and Programming
- Data Mining
- Natural Language Processing
- Case-Based Reasoning
- Cognitive Science and Neuro-Computing.