Areas of Expertise/Interest:
- Robotic Vision,
- Machine learning,
- Vision-Based Control
A. H. Abdul Hafez is an Assistant Professor at Hasan Kalyoncu University, Gaziantep, Turkey. He completed his PhD in Computer Science and Engineering (2008) from Osmania University, jointly with IIIT Hyderabad, India. His present areas of research include robotic vision, Machine learning, and vision-based control.
- 2016, Visual Localization and Mapping from learning Multiple image sequences, 3001 Tubitak project, under review.
- 2016,Visual Memory Navigation and Path Following in Outdoor Environment for Powered Wheelchair System, 1001 Tubitak project, under review.
- 2013-2015,Researcher, Vision control of Sattelite-based service robot arm, directed by Dr. Suril Shah, supported by Department of Science and Technology, India.
- 2012-2014,Researcher, Semantic interaction between graspable objects, Director: C.V. Jawahar, supported by Department of Science and Technology, India.
- 2010-2013,Researcher, Localization in outdoor environment, directed by Prof. C. V. Jawahar, supported by Department of Science and Technology, India.
- A.H. Abdul Hafez, P. Mithun, V. V. Anurag, S. V. Shah, and K Madhava Krishna; “Reactionless Visual Servoing of a Multi-Arm Space Robot Combined with other Manipulation Tasks”, Robotics and Autonomous Systems RAS,Volume 91, May 2017, Pages 1–10.
- A. H. Abdul Hafez, “Depth estimation using Particle lter for Image-based Visual Servoing” , Journal of Control Engineering and Applied Informatics, CEAI, Vol 18, No 2, 2016.
- A.H. Abdul Hafez, Manpreet Aorora, C.V. Jawahar, and M. Krishna, “Learning multiple experiences useful visual features for active maps localization in crowded environments”, Advanced Robotics AR, the official journal of robotics society of Japan, Volume 30, Issue 1, 2016
- A.H. Abdul Hafez, Swagatika Panda, and C.V. Jawahar, “Single View and Multiple view Support Order Prediction In Clutter for Manipulation”, Journal on Intelligent and Robotic Systems, JINT, Springer, (Available online http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10846-015-0330-z, 2016).
- A. H. Abdul Hafez, “Sequential Covariance-weighted Quasiconvex solution to Mapping in Visual SLAM “, Journal of Control Engineering and Applied Informatics, CEAI, Vol 17, No 1, 2015.
- A.H. Abdul Hafez, Anil Nilakanti, and C.V. Jawahar, “Path planning for visual navigation and control using Convex Optimization”, International Journal of Robotics and Automation, Vol 30, No 3, 2015.
- A.H. Abdul Hafez, “Visual Servo control by Optimizing Hybrid objective function with visibility and path constraints”, Journal of Control Engineering and Applied Informatics, CEAI, Vol 16, No 2, 2014.
- Waed Khwies, and A. H. Abdul Hafez, “Pronunciation Correction of Emphatic Arabic Sounds using Verbotonal Method”, The Journal of Computer Science and Engineering in Arabic, Vol 5, No 2, 2014. (Non SCI)
- A.H. Abdul Hafez, Enric Cervera, “Particle-filter-based Pose estimation from controlled motion with Application to Visual Servoing”, International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, vol 11, 2014.
- A.H. Abdul Hafez, Enric Cervera, C.V. Jawahar, “Stable Hybrid Visual Servo Control by a Weighted Combination of Image-based and Position-based Algorithms”, International Journal of Control and Automation, Vol(6), No. 3, 2013. (Non SCI)