Areas of Expertise/Interest:
- Steel and Concrete Structures,
- Concrete materials
Date and Place of Birth : August / 1980 – Aleppo – Syria
Marital Status : Married
Nationality : Syrian – Turkish
Languages : Arabic (very good)-English (very good)-Turkish
English Certificate: TOEFL-CBT, TOEFL-IBT, GRE
- Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D) (2007-2011): “Static and Dynamic behavior of frames with Semi-Rigid Connections”, Department of Civil Engineering, Aleppo University, Aleppo, Syria.
- MSc (2005-2007): “Effect of curing methods on properties of plain and blended cement concretes”, Department of Civil Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM), Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- BSc (1997-2003): Aleppo University, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Aleppo, Syria.
- Assistant Professor: Engineering Faculty – Department of Civil Engineering – HASAN KALYONCU UNIVERSITY– Gaziantep, Turkey (Sep2012-to-now).
- Assistant Professor: Faculty of Architectural Engineering, Ittihad Private University, Aleppo, Syria (Jan2012-to-Aug2012).
- Teaching Assistant: Faculty of Civil Engineering, Aleppo University, Aleppo, Syria (2009-2010).
- Quality control manager: Third Airport, Istanbul, Turkey (2016).
- Head of Engineering department: Al-Shehabie Steel, Aleppo, Syria (2008-to- 2012).
- Consultant Engineer: Al-Shibel Consult, Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia (2004-2007). I have designed many projects for Aramco Oil&Gaz Company
RESEARCH and PUBLICATIONS:
- Mohammed, A. H., Nassani. D. E., Tay?i, N., Hussein. A. K., (2018). “Nonlinear Finite Element Model for the Optimization of Unbonded Post-Tensioned One-Way Concrete Slab“. KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, accepted for publication.
- Oleiwi. S.M., Alg?n Z , Nassani, D. E, Mermerdas K (2018). “Effect of various combinations of alkali activator agents on mechanical and absorption properties of FA and GGBFS based geopolymer lightweight mortar“.Construction and Building Materials, under review.
- D. E., (2018). “Effect of Curing Methods on the Properties of Concretes under Hot Weather”. International journal of civil engineering, under review.
- Mermerdas K, Manguri, S., Nassani, D. E, Oleiwi. S.M., (2017). “Effect of aggregate properties on the mechanical and absorption characteristics of geopolymer mortar“. Engineering Science and Technologh, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jestch.2017.11.009.
- Mermerdas K, Nassani, D. E, Sakin M (2017). “Fresh, mechanical and absorption characteristics of self-consolidating concretes including low volume waste PET granules“. Civil Engineering Journal, Volume 3, Issue 10, pp 809–820.
- Mohammed, A. H., Tay?i, N., Nassani. D. E., Hussein. A. K., (2017). “Finite element analysis and optimization of bonded post-tensioned concrete slabs“. Cogent Engineering, 4, pp. 1-16.
- D. E., Hussein. A. K., Mohammed, A. H. (2017). “Comparative Response Assessment of Steel Frames with different Bracing Systems under Seismic Effect“. Structures, 11, pp. 229-242.
- Mermerdas K, Alg?n Z , Oleiwi. S.M., Nassani, D. E (2017). “Optimization of lightweight GGBFS and FA geopolymer mortars by response surface method“.Construction and Building Materials, 139, 159–171.
- Ç?nar, M,. Çelik, F., Çanakç?, H., Nassani, D. E (2017). “Fresh Properties of Cementitious Grout with Rice Husk Powder“. Arabian journal for science and engineering, Volume 42, Issue 9, pp 3819–3827.
- D. E., Chicko. A. H., Akgonen. A.I, (2017). “Semi-rigidity of cap plate and extended end plate connections “.Steel and composite structures, 23 (5), pp. 493-499.
- D. E., Chicko. A. H. (2016). “Adjusted Richard-Abbott equation for calculating the stiffness of steel connections.” Modelling and Engineering of Mechanical and Mechatronic Systems, Minsk-Belarus, February 4-5, pp. 102-109.
- D. E., Hussein. A. K. (2016). “Comparative Analysis of High-Rise Reinforced Concrete Structures According to International Seismic Design Codes.” Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture, 10, pp. 211-218.
- D. E., Chicko. A. H. (2015). “A Simple formula for estimating the column ultimate load with effect of semi-rigid connections.” International Journal of Steel Structures, 15 (1), pp. 31-38.
- D. E., Abdulmajeed. M. W. (2015). “Seismic Base Isolation in Reinforced Concrete Structures.” Int. J. Res. Studies in Sci. Engrs. Tech., 2(2), pp. 1-13.
- D. E., Chicko. A. H. (2015). “Adjusted Richard-Abbott Equation for Calculating the Stiffness of Steel Connections.” Int. J. Res. Studies in Sci. Engrs. Tech., 2(1), pp. 39-46.
- D. E., Chicko. A. H. (2014). “Adjustment on Richard-Abbott equation for calculating the connections Stiffness.” International Civil Engineering & Architecture Symposium for Academicians 2014, Antalya-Turkey, May 17-20, pp. 69-75.
- D. E., (2014). “Behaviour of steel cap plate connections: experimental tests.” International Journal of Steel Structures, 14 (3), pp. 649-657.
- D. E., (2014). “A simple model for calculating the fundamental period of vibration in steel structures”. Journal of APCBEE Procedia, Vol (9), pp. 339-346.
- D. E., (2013). “A simple model for calculating the fundamental period of vibration in steel structures”. International Conference on Civil Engineering (ICCEN 2013), Stockholm-Sweden, December 13-14, pp. 341-348.
- D. E., (2013). “Curing of concrete using water-based and acrylic-based curing compounds”. Innovative Materials and Structures Technologies in Metallurgical Engineering Conference (METECH), Istanbul-Turkey, September 11-14, (CD-ROM).
- D. E., (2013).” Effect of curing methods on the properties of concretes under hot weather “. The 2nd International Conference on Advanced Materials, Energy, and Environments (ICMEE’13), Yokohama-Japan, August 08-09, pp. 108-111.
- D. E., (2013).” Effect of curing on plain and blended cement concretes under hot weather “. Clute Institute International Academic Conference, Paris-France, June 09-11, pp. 924-934.
- A. H., Nassani. D. E. (2010). “Effect of Semi-Rigid Connections on the Fundamental Mode Period of Vibration in Steel Structures” Research Journal of Aleppo Univ., Engineering Science Series, 82: pp.60-73.
- D. E., Chicko. A. H. (2011). “Effect of Semi-Rigid Connections on the Ultimate Load of Steel Framed Column” Research Journal of Aleppo Univ., Engineering Science Series, 91: pp.123-136.
- A. H., Nassani. D. E. (2009). “A Simple Model for Calculating the Ultimate Load of a Framed Column in Sway Structures Including the Effect of Semi-Rigid Connections”. The 11th Arab Structural Engineering Conference, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Saudi Arabia, 25-27 October (CD-ROM).